Sierra Energy Seeks a Online Business Development Director
Sierra Energy, a clean-tech start-up, is seeking a full-time, experienced Online Business Development Director to run a new web platform. The platform is almost ready for global launch and we are looking for someone to help us make it succeed.
With national attention from the New York Times and contracts with the Department of Defense and the California Energy Commission, Sierra Energy is commercializing an innovative gasification technology for the conversion of waste materials into fuels, hydrogen, electricity and green chemicals.
Sierra Energy has developed a revolutionary online sales platform and is seeking someone with a strong background in data-driven software solutions and an in-depth knowledge of web-commerce. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of cultivating and executing business strategies, deal executions, product education, cross-functional teamwork and revenue growth. This platform has the potential to generate revenue similar to E-Bay… We need the person who can help us run it!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, multi-faceted team in an environment that offers variety, demands attention to detail, and a willingness to be flexible.
- Serve as a key member of the executive team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Develop and execute a clear business plan to achieve growth goals for the company.
- Work closely with the executive team to develop sales strategies and effectively drive the tactical components.
- Manage multiple business initiatives in a start-up environment.
- Revenue generation and strategic partnerships development and management.
- Build and manage a business development team.
- Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required.
- Win early customers with limited support.
- Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values of the sales and business development group. Through personal example, establish the style and approach which will characterize the Company’s dealings with the marketplace.
- Manage the sales organization to the established benchmarks that relate to the overall goals outlined by the executive team.
- Engage opportunities and where appropriate, lead the close process to increase the overall close rate while teaching the sales team to do the same.
Sierra Energy needs an experience business development executive to get this new platform to market. Some of the key things we are looking for include:
- Direct experience with running an eCommerce business.
- A Master’s in Business, preferred.
- 10+ years’ of business development, and/or sales experience.
- Experience implementing successful sales / business development training programs.
- Experience marketing or selling products or services in a start-up or early stage environment.
- A track record of managing sales / business development teams in selling enterprise solutions.
- Ability to originate and close complex business transactions in at least a supporting role.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to make genuine connections with teams to inspire incredible results on all fronts.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Skilled with presentation and analysis tools such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, GotoMeeting, JoinMe, etc.
- Comfortable with various types of content/media/technology.
Please send your resume/CV, cover letter and any letters of reference that you want to include to email@example.com