Mendocino Railway, a sister company of Sierra Energy, is seeking a Project Development Manager
Mendocino Railway, a sister company of Sierra Energy, is seeking an exceptional individual to manage the development of a new eco-friendly vacation home project in Willits, CA (local applicants will only be considered). The project manager will manage all aspects of the project from inception to completion including business plan and schedule development, cost estimation, site selection, selection and oversight of contractors and vendors, unit design, planning and permitting, construction, installation of utilities and other services, marketing, leasing and sales, and post-lease or sale management of project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with management.
- Draft a detailed business plan and work plan, including determining estimates costs and schedules, pricing of homes and post-sale services to be provided to homeowners, and objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated upon completion.
- Determine resources required to complete the project.
- Develop a project schedule that effectively allocates resources to the activities.
- Recruit and manage staffing as needed.
- Manage site selection.
- Assist in vacation home design.
- Select and oversee contractors and vendors.
- Review and manage relevant contracts.
- Obtain permits.
- Oversee construction and installation of all needed utilities.
- Maintain ongoing communication and relationship with management.
- Attend regular status meetings
- Maintain all relevant records and data.
- Maintain strong timeline focus, develop and maintain productive working relationships with contractors and vendors.
- Develop strong relationships with local government, business, and civic groups.
- Making presentations to local governmental, business, and civic groups.
- Management of marketing and sales of vacation homes.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal
- 4 year degree in construction management, architecture, civil engineering, or related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience in commercial construction project management, timeshare leasing, or related real estate field.
- Strong knowledge of real estate transactions that include acquisition, site selection, design, and permitting.
- Successful history of budget control.
- Excellent communication and written abilities.
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to manage multiple large complex projects.
- Ability to work cross functionally with general contractors, owners and their respective teams to ensure all documentation, permitting and reporting is complete and accurately filed with City and County officials.
- Residency in the Mendocino County area.
- Knowledge of construction processes and materials.
- Knowledge of the design, engineering, fabrication, and installation processes.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Word, Excel, Project.
- Proven success with business management/project development/project management.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org