Sierra Railroad, sister company of Sierra Energy, seeks an On-Board Operations Manger
Sierra Railroad, a sister company to Sierra Energy, is seeking an outstanding individual to manage the On-Board Operations of the Sacramento River Train. The On-Board Operations manager will be responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere of hospitality for the Sacramento River Train passengers that result in exceeding the customers’ expectations, while also overseeing staff and train crew.
Local applicants will be strongly considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet the high standards of service being offered to the train passengers.
- Oversee the activities of the service staff.
- Functions independently while simultaneously supporting the service staff.
- Utilizes superior interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and effectively with passengers and crew to ensure employee and customer satisfaction in both on and off-schedule conditions.
- Responsible for safe practices and meeting sanitation standards during all segments of service from loading, stocking, preparing, serving, clean-up and end of trip farewells.
- Responsible for the security, safe handling and accounting of food, beverage and merchandise products.
- During non-train periods; oversee train preparations, securing supplies and various other tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have prior experience in management and possess excellent customer service skills, exhibiting responsibility, initiative, physical coordination, problem solving, creativity, and leadership characteristics.
- Work experience must demonstrate strong, clear and effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills, professionalism, and a customer-friendly demeanor.
- Recognize problems and create solutions promptly.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Services or similar discipline preferred.
- 3+ years related experience in the duties as described above is required.
- Experience in rail passenger on-board services is preferred or managerial experience in a food/beverage environment and/or travel, hospitality industries will also be considered.
- Prior experience working in a team service environment preferred.
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug-screening and medical exam.
- Must be physically capable of getting on and off rail equipment and lift 50 pounds and be able to work while standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours and days, especially weekends.
- Cover Letter (must include salary expectations and availability).
Please send the requested items to email@example.com